Anglican. Benedictine. Classical.

Dear Friend,

Anglican. Benedictine. Classical.

When you find your way to the House’s website and click the “ABOUT” button, you will see these three words standing tall on the page. These words encapsulate all that we do and perfectly describe who we are. Nashotah House is an intentional community of prayer built on relationships, respect, and a mutual love of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. This ethos, this way of being, builds genuine relationships between faculty, students, and the administration in a way that prepares us to lead the renewal of the Church in the twenty-first century. These are exciting times to be a seminarian!

On a personal note, however, I’d like to focus on the aspect of being intentional. It is because of the intentional, tangible relationships that are developing all around me that our common life can be so enriching and formative for ministry. I can honestly say that there is not a single person on campus for who I do not abundantly care; and I know that my fellow seminarians truly care about me. This seminary is genuine, loving and intentional. The Junior class, of which I am a part, bonded together quickly: we made the decision early on to speak to each other daily, to pray with each other, and to represent our class after our graduation by hatching a plan to be the future welcoming committee for Nashotah House in the years to come. None of this would be possible without focusing intentionally on our relationships.

Of course, the House has long had the traditional model of learning, formation, and prayer down to a science. This has been the House’s hallmark since 1842. However, I sense that something is unique about our present intentionality. Like never before, the House is forming priests and lay leaders who will step boldly into the world not only proclaiming Jesus Christ in word, but serving Him in action by allowing the power of the Gospel to be made manifest through living intentional relationships with one another.

About the same time I discovered the power of intentionality, I also learned that your intentional support, both by prayer and sharing your resources, is what makes my formation possible. Your generosity allowed me to come here in the first place. I am inspired by your faith and witness.
As we build on recent successes, will you continue to be intentional in supporting the House this year? On behalf of all of my fellow seminarians, thank you for making formation for ministry possible.

Sincerely,

Mr. Christian Wood Postulant for Holy Orders Diocese of Southwest Florida

nashotah.edu – 2777 mission road nashotah, wisconsin 53058 – give.nashotah.edu — telephone: 262.646.6500 —  fax: 262.646.6504

___________

KGW/rct

nashotahhouse

About nashotahhouse

Located in Nashotah, Wisconsin, Nashotah House Theological Seminary is the oldest institute of higher education in the state of Wisconsin. Founded in 1842 by a Missionary Bishop of the Episcopal Church, Nashotah House belongs to the Anglican tradition of worship, theology and spirituality. That is, Nashotah House traces her roots to the Church of England and locates herself within the worldwide Anglican Communion. Comprehending the fundamental disciplines of Holy Scripture, Theology, Church History, Spirituality and Pastoral Ministry, the curriculum at Nashotah House not only roots our students in the ancient wisdom of the Church, it prepares and empowers them to communicate the Gospel to the world today.